OHIP & Insurance Coverage
- As of November 1, 2004, OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) will insure yearly eye exams for:
- Children ages 0-19 years old
- Seniors ages 65 years old and above.
- Persons between the ages of 20 and 64 may be covered through OHIP if they have specific medical conditions such as cataracts, glaucoma and diabetes.
- If you are not covered by OHIP, your health benefits from work may insure you. Please check with your employer or benefits department. We do DIRECT INSURANCE BILLING, when available. Just bring in your insurance card and with your permission, we will do our best to submit your claim directly. If direct insurance billing is not available, we will provide you an official receipt to submit to your insurance company.
We accept the following forms of payment:
With your permission and, where possible, we will direct bill your claims to the following insurance companies:
- Great -West Life
- Industrial Alliance
- Johnson Inc.
- Manulife Financial
- Standard Life